AUSART FELLOWSHIP - NOW OPEN!
The American Friends of the National Gallery of Australia Inc., in conjunction with the American Australian Association, is offering a US$30,000 fellowship for an Australian MA or Graduate student wishing to further their studies in the United States in the fields of fine arts, art history/theory, curatorial studies, arts administration or conservation studies.
Study Level: Research/study must be at the graduate or post graduate level.
US Enrollment: Acceptance into a US educational institution for full time study.
Citizenship: Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
Budget: Budget for the research/study period must be for a maximum of US$30,000. The Fellowships are intended to support part of the costs of 1 year of research/study in the US.
Essays: Please submit the following documents in support of your application.
1. Career Goals and Financial Need (Limit 500 words)
Describe your career goals and how you expect they will be advanced by your time in the USA . Using your budget and other sources of income as reference, discuss how the AusArt Fellowship will assist with these plans.
2. Statement of Purpose (Limit 1,200 words)
• Outline the goals and objectives of your studies in the USA.
• Explain why travel to USA is important for these studies.
• Explain how you will accomplish these goals and objectives in the time period for which the funding has been requested.
• How do you foresee your studies in the USA contributing to, or strengthening your chosen field?
3. Presentation of current and recent work and accompanying critical statement.
Submit examples of your original work, with details of creation, exhibition or publication clearly noted, and an accompanying critical statement (limit 500 words).
The presentation is to be uploaded in one of the following formats:
• A file of up to ten images
• Moving image or sound file up to 10 minutes in total duration
• Essays, articles or reports up to 5,000 words in total (not including citations).
4. One-page curriculum vitae.
Deadlines: April 30, 2017
Applications for the AusArt Fellowship can be accessed online here. Please make sure you select AusART Fellowship under "Category."